Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Badgers Like Chicken!

I know what you're thinking. Yeah, I do.
You're thinking: "WHOAH, BADGER! That's A LOT of Chicken!"


Annnd... you'd be right. That IS a whole lotta chicken. But Badger likes chicken. Better than cobra.

Especially when the chicken is at the Badger's target price of $1.99/lb for boneless, skinless chicken breast, as it was this last week at Kroger's.

So what is the Money Badger going to do with all that chicken?
Let's see....
  • Marinated Grilled Chicken
  • Chicken Shishkebobs
  • Chicken Parmigiana
  • Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Creamy Chicken Pockets
  • Grilled Chicken Strips (for salads and lunches)
  • Italian Crock Pot Chicken
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Cordon Bleu Casserole

.......Just to name a few.


This amount of chicken might seem insane to some people, but it is how this Badger rolls! 

As soon as I get home from the store, the chicken is put into portion sizes and vacuum-sealed to be frozen. If you don't have a vacuum-sealer, use ziploc freezer bags. This way, you only pull out the pieces you need for whatever you're making that day/week. 


Now that I've bought this amount of chicken, I will begin inserting it into the menu plans over the next couple months. This means that next month I won't have to buy any chicken, which in turn means I have more liquid funds to buy something else that is at my target price. 


And what if nothing is at my target price? The Money Badger snaps her wallet shut,  and saves the money for when things do hit her target price. (and they almost always do!) The other point is that I've bought enough of many different items that I shouldn't be forced to buy anything because I've run out.


That is how we Money Badgers stick it to the man. The Grocery Man, that is! HA!

1 comment: